Welcome to the Highlander Studios blog.

I won't promise any earth shattering revelations here. What I will be trying to do is post some new products as I release them, share some thoughts on gaming and show some pics of games and other stuff that I enjoy. So come in and make yourselves at home.


Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful for a Day of Giving Thanks


     Over the past few decades, I've built a practice of incorporating gratitude for all things in my life. It's not easy sometimes remembering that even that guy who cut me off in traffic has some small part to play in shaping my world or that even the unpleasant stuff has its lessons to impart. I must admit that I'm not 100% diligent and sometimes I'm just grateful for the chance to exercise my expressions of profanity. What can I say? I'm a work in progress.

     On the surface it would seem that another day of giving thanks is redundant. But on Thanksgiving day here in America I am truly grateful for a day of giving thanks. It's a day where the folks around me are a constant reminder that I am one lucky guy and blessed beyond any imaginable degree that I deserve. Today I am especially grateful for the chance to stay at home to relax and do the things for which I am truly thankful.

     I got to sleep late, make brunch and mimosas for the girls, do some housework, work on some 3d models, fill an order for a customer, spend time cooking, talking and watching TV with my wife and have my favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Some of these things may not seem worthy of gratitude. But then I think of the alternative... not being able to do them.

     So... here's my simple prayer to share with you all. "Thank you for all things." Try it out when the good stuff happens, but I find it especially useful when things are tough.
 
The non-traditional dish

1 comment:

Ed the THW Guy said...

Here, here, I agree. Happy Everyday to you and yours Rod.